No salary increasing for teachers


Check by our reporters but showing like that most of the schools have no plan to increase the salaries of their staff members and non staffs. 

A Staff in a private school in Oyigbo, Lagos said the management of the school is using the economic situation in the country as an excuse to hike the school fees.

 “Some schools are hiking the school fees, but they are being selfish because the adding has not in any way extended to us the teachers".

“They have increased fees in the school. I teach in, using to know the economic situation as an excuse but I want you know that my salary has remained the same without any added,” he said. 

Khamis Aliyu, A teaches in a private school in Jos, Plateau State said he is looking for another job to leave teaching.

“I am a graduate but I earn N25,000 as salary in the private school I teach. This is not enough to buy food for my family for one month.

“We are humans, we deserve to be empathise. We pay for food items, electricity, transportation, house rent and school fees for our children also, like among others.

“Private school proprietors are greedy. Our counterparts in public schools earn more but ironically, parents take their children to private schools,” he said.

Sadiya Musa, a 300-level student of Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria, said she is get N9, 000 in the private school she is teaching in. 

“I have been teaching since after I finished my diploma. I continued to teach even after I got admission for my degree programme but the take-home pay is not really encouraging,” she said.   

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post